Sunday, May 3, 2009
Top Malawian Judge rumored to dismiss Madonna's case
Queen of Pop Madonna's dreams of adopting 4-year-old Mercy James are to be crushed by a judge tomorrow.
The 50-year-old star is desperately trying to win the custody of Mercy despite being refused adoption rights last month.
However, officials at Malawi's Supreme Court said the African country's top judge, Lovemore Munlo, was certain to dismiss her case when he heads a review panel.
Striking a further blow to Madonna's adoption dreams, Mercy's 24-year-old dad, security guard James Kambewa, yesterday met her maternal family in the hope they will back his custody bid.
He told the Sunday Mirror: "My family has met Mercy's family and we all agree we love the girl. She deserves the best we can give.
"Whatever has happened, we should be allowed to raise our daughter as we wish.
"I hope that we can unite and fight this in the courts to see that it is so. I am Mercy's father and should be allowed to see my daughter."
Last month, her bid was turned down, as she was not a Malawi resident - a requirement that was waived when the singer was allowed to take David Banda to London in 2006.
Source: blog.taragana.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment